2024 NorCal Conference
Resident Forum Abstract Submission
It is our pleasure to announce that we are now accepting abstracts exclusively from California dermatology program residents to present a CPC case and original research projects at the California Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery (CalDerm) 2024 NorCal Conference.
Please note that you must be logged into our website to submit an abstract. Click the Join button at the top of the site. Once you create a login, you will be approved and can then submit your abstract.
IMPORTANT: Each 5-minute Resident Forum presentation will take place Saturday through Sunday. Your submission of your abstract assumes you are available to speak on either day.
Important Dates to Remember
- Submission Deadline – March 3, 2024 @ 11:59 PM (Pacific)
- Acceptance Notification – Monday, March 18, 2024
- Presentation Slides Due (for those accepted) – Friday, April 12, 2024
The submission form will close at the listed time and date of the deadline. Submissions will no longer be accepted after this time/date. Abstracts are blind-reviewed by the NorCal Conference Planning Committee or their designated review committee. Notifications will be sent on or about the notification date listed above and will be communicated to the listed Presenting Author (or administrative contact). This date is subject to change. Due to the volume of communications, we ask that you wait until after the notification date to check on the status of your submission.
Only current residents of California dermatology programs, as of the date of the conference, are eligible to present during the scheduled Residents Forum. Opportunities for case poster presentations is open to all dermatology residents; however, medical students are not eligible for either opportunity. Opportunities for medical students may be available in the future.
If you have multiple abstracts you would like considered, you will need to submit separate forms for each.
Please view the Case Poster Presentation page for details. The abstract is only eligible for presentation during one or the other – if selected to present during the Resident Forum, the abstract will be withdrawn from the Case Poster Presentation. Resident Forum abstracts not selected for the final presentation, will be considered for the Case Poster Presentation.
Rules & Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should be no longer than 450-word count. This word count only includes the body of the abstract. It does not include author information or references. Abstracts should reflect the content of the presentation, including the title.
- Abstracts will be accepted as text only. Images and visual aids are not permitted; however, if selected, it's expected that you include such materials in your presentation.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically using this online form.
- All correspondence related to the submission (including acceptance notifications) will be addressed to the Presenting Author unless an Administrative Contact is listed.
- If selected, it is expected that the Presenting Author listed will present the case live, in-person during the Resident Forum that will take place throughout the Fall Symposium (see schedule above). The Presenting Author will receive complimentary registration and a $400 stipend to cover travel costs.
- All authors involved in the abstract will be required to complete a Conflict of Interest/Disclosures Form.
- The Presenting Author may submit up to 2 abstracts for the Resident Forum; however, only one abstract will be selected for presentation.
- Due to the quick turnaround between the submission deadline and selection, no changes may be made to a submitted abstract after the submission deadline.
- Incomplete abstracts will not be considered.
- When listing co-authors, please list all co-authors in the appropriate order. Include full name, credentials, and institution. This list will be used by CalDerm for printing purposes, if abstracts are included in conference materials (TBD). No edits will be made by CalDerm staff. Please check the listing for accuracy prior to submission.
- Only up to (5) five references may be included.
- Required abstract content:
- Patient History / Case Background
- References (if applicable)
- Laboratory Data
Presentations will be in standard AAD Gross and Microscopic format. Each case presentation should be clinically instructive, limited to no more than 5 minutes in length and must be delivered in PowerPoint format. Abstracts for cases that have either been previously submitted for other meetings or events or are currently being considered for other meetings or events are acceptable. Published cases are not accepted.
CalDerm values participation from California residents at this meeting and ask that you encourage your fellow residents to apply. Should you have any questions, please contact CalDerm at (866) 337-DERM (3376) or firstname.lastname@example.org.