2023 Residents Forum and Abstract Submission
It is our pleasure to announce that we are now accepting abstracts exclusively from California dermatology program residents to present a CPC case and original research projects at the California Society of Dermatology & Dermatologic Surgery (CalDerm) 2023 Fall Symposium. IMPORTANT: New at the 2023 Fall Symposium, Resident Forum presentations will take place throughout the Fall Symposium compared to one designated time slot, like at previous CalDerm meetings (see tentative schedule below). Attendance at the entire conference, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday is required.
Click here to submit an abstract.
Important Dates to Remember
- Submission Deadline - Friday, July 21 11:59 PM (Pacific)
- Acceptance Notification - TBD
- Presentation Slides Due (for those accepted) - Monday, September 5
- Live Presentation at 2023 CalDerm Fall Symposium (for those accepted) - New at the 2023 Fall Symposium, Resident Forum presentations will take place throughout the Fall Symposium compared to one designated time slot. Attendance at the entire conference, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday is required.
- Resident Forum Schedule (check back soon for official schedule):
Presentation #1: Friday, September 22
Presentation #2: Friday, September 22
Presentation #3: Friday, September 23
Presentation #4: Saturday, September 24
Presentation #5: Saturday, September 24
Presentation #6: Sunday, September 25
The submission form will close at the listed time and date of the deadline. Submissions will no longer be accepted after this time/date. Abstracts are blind reviewed by the Fall Symposium Planning Committee or their designated review committee. Notifications will be sent on or about the notification date listed above and will be communicated to the listed Presenting Author (or administrative contact). This date is subject to change. Due to the volume of communications, we ask that you wait until after the notification date to check on the status of your submission.
Only current residents of California dermatology programs, as of the date of the conference, are eligible to present during the scheduled Residents Forum. Other opportunities for case poster presentations will be open to all dermatology residents and medical students. Please view the Case Poster Presentation page for details. If you would like to be considered for both the Residents Forum and the Case Poster Presentation, you will need to submit an abstract for both separately. The abstract is only eligible for presentation during one or the other - if selected to present during the Resident Forum, the abstract will be withdrawn from the Case Poster Presentation.
Rules & Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should be no longer than 450-word count. This word count only includes the body of the abstract. It does not include author information or references. Abstracts should reflect content of the presentation, including the title.
- Abstracts will be accepted as text only. Images and visual aides are not permitted; however, if selected, it's expected that you include such materials in your presentation.
- All abstracts must be submitted electronically using this online form.
- All correspondence related to the submission (including acceptance notifications) will be addressed to the Presenting Author, unless an Administrative Contact is listed.
- If selected, it is expected that the Presenting Author listed, will present the case live, in-person during the Resident Forum that will take place throughout the Fall Symposium (see schedule above). The Presenting Author will receive complimentary registration and a $400 stipend to cover travel costs.
- The Presenting Author will be required to complete a Conflict of Interest/Disclosures Form.
- The Presenting Author may submit up to 2 abstracts; however, only one abstract will be selected for presentation.
- Due to the quick turnaround between the submission deadline and selection, no changes may be made to a submitted abstract after the submission deadline.
- Incomplete abstracts will not be considered.
- When listing co-authors, please list all co-authors in the appropriate order. Include full name, credentials, and institution. This list will be used by CalDerm for printing purposes, if abstracts are included in conference materials (TBD). No edits will be made by CalDerm staff. Please check the listing for accuracy prior to submission.
- Only up to (5) five references may be included.
- Required abstract content:
- Patient History / Case Background
- References (if applicable)
- Laboratory Data
Presentations will be in standard AAD Gross and Microscopic format. Each case presentation should be clinically instructive, limited to no more than 5 minutes in length (total presentation time will be determined by number of abstracts accepted), and must be delivered in Power Point format. If time permits, questions will be taken from the audience at the conclusion of all presentations. Abstracts for cases that have either been previously submitted for other meetings or events, or are currently being considered for other meetings or events are acceptable. Published cases are not accepted.
CalDerm values participation from California residents at this meeting and ask that you encourage your fellow residents to apply. Should you have any questions, please contact CalDerm at (866) 337-DERM (3376) or firstname.lastname@example.org.