Harnessing the power of membership for the advancement and practice of dermatology in California through education, research, advocacy, and highest quality dermatologic care for patients.
Since 1972, CalDerm has built its reputation as the collective voice of dermatologists in California. We speak with authority to educate key audiences about the importance of physician-led care and will continue to advocate on behalf of you and your patients for regulations, policies, and billing practices that are fair and sensible. Membership in CalDerm is an important step toward protecting the future of the practice of dermatology.
Here are just some of the benefits to being a CalDerm member:
Legislative, Regulatory, and Political Involvement and Influence
- CalDerm is represented by Sacramento’s top lobbyist, which communicates regularly with key policymakers.
- Monitoring of legislation and advocacy for and against bills in the California Legislature.
- Participation in statewide coalitions and partnership with key allies.
- Receiving the “CalDerm Alert” by email – a way of disseminating information to our members quickly
- Providing members with timely and invaluable practice resource information.
- Our relationships throughout the health care industry allow us to swiftly respond to threats to your practice.
- Discounted registration fees to the Fall Symposium and NorCal Spring Conference with 17 Category I credits. ($350 value)
- CalDerm Annual SoCal Symposium and NorCal Conference – membership fee instead of non-member fee ($350 discount member price per event).
Community & Networking
- Volunteer for our Fire Fighter Cancer Screening Program.
- Attend networking and social events at our annual symposium.
- Volunteer to participate on CalDerm Committees.
- Mentorship opportunities
In a consumer-driven world, patients have many options when it comes to healthcare. CalDerm is frequently called by patients looking for skilled dermatologist. Members can build their practice and visibility by being listed in our online "Find-A-Derm" search portal by geography, practice services, language and more ($3,600 annual value).
CalDerm's Career Center can help you find candidates from within our own community. Free for members to post and view. ($300 value)